Educating New York City children to serve and lead by knowing God and understanding His world.
MCA will be a model Christ-centered school. A variety of spiritual, academic, social, cultural, and physical learning experiences that are challenging, relevant, and creative will make education productive, meaningful, and attractive. All subjects will be taught from the Biblical perspective of creation, fall, and redemption. Students will acquire wisdom, knowledge, and a Biblical worldview as evidenced by a lifestyle of character, leadership, service, stewardship, and worship. We will be a school that values the primacy of the family, covenanting with them in the education of their children.
Our Core Values
The mission of Manhattan Christian Academy is deeply rooted in the following core values:
1. Bible-Based Worldview — We seek to produce graduates who believe that the inerrancy and completeness of Scripture form the foundation of a Biblical worldview. Therefore, truth and virtue are based on this foundation. “But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.” 1 Peter 3:15
2. Christ-centered — We seek to produce graduates who are passionate about following the call of Jesus Christ in their lives. “I press on toward the goal to win the prize for when God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:14
3.Excellence — We seek to produce graduates who are well-equipped with tools to meet current and future challenges. We believe in the importance of the Arts as demonstrated academically, in our extracurricular and through public performance. “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.” Colossians 3:23
4. Courageous Leadership — We seek to partner with families to raise students who are transformed through their relationship with Christ; students who are building leadership qualities by following in His footsteps and growing in Him. “Be strong and of good courage — do not be afraid.” Joshua 1:9b
5. Community — We seek to build a strong community within our school and body in order to support families. The Christian family is God's training ground for preparing future generations to know and serve Him. “These commandments that I give you today... impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up... Write them on the doorframes of your houses and your gates.” Deuteronomy 6:6-9
6. Grateful Stewardship — We seek to develop graduates who are appreciative of God's provision and blessings upon their lives. “As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace.” 1 Peter 4:10
7. Humble Service — We seek to develop graduates who are trained, directed, and inspired to acts of humble service. “Whoever wants to become great among us must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave — just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:26-28