The Academic Program at MCA is designed to challenge all students to think well and to work hard in preparation for high school and college entrance. English language proficiency is required.
We believe a child's education is enhanced by a creative, disciplined and orderly environment. We expect our students to reflect order in their appearance as expressed in our Dress Code and in social and academic interactions. We vigorously promote the Biblical virtues of kindness, reconciliation, politeness, respect, and self-discipline.
We encourage interested families to visit MCA to experience our community.
Benefits of visiting include:
Touring the school
Receiving admission materials
Meeting teachers, staff and current students
Scheduling a shadow visit for your student, if so desired
Receiving one on one assistance with completing admission paperwork
To request a tour click here
Typical Admissions Process
We would like to make your application experience as smooth as possible. In order to do this it is very important that you provide accurate information and necessary documentation in a timely manner.
For all Grades: Submit Application and $30 Application Fee
For Grades 1-8
- Placement Test ($35 testing fee) or copy of statewide exam (must be taken in most recent school year)
- Student Interview
- Submit Financial Aid Application, if applicable
- Admissions file completed by submitting all required documents
- Admissions Committee reviews Candidate File
- Admissions Committee decision
- Accepted / Denied / Waiting Pool
- $325 Non-Refundable Registration Fee secures enrollment placement
If you have any questions about the admissions process, please email or call Lisandra Hunter, Director of Admissions at Lhunter@mcanyc.org, 212-567-5521.